The purpose of this two and a half-day program is to provide experienced executives and directors with the essentials ability to perform their function of director in the most efficient manner.
The program covers the role and responsibilities of directors and the key duties in the major legal and regulatory features specific to the Luxembourg business environment.
The program also offers the opportunity to discuss the role and added value of a director with both peers and experts.
Attendance to this program is mandatory for the candidates wishing to obtain the Certificate for Directors delivered by ILA. Regardless of the ILA certification, this program is also open to experienced executives and directors who want to strengthen their understanding of the different aspects of director duties in the specific context of Luxembourg.
The program is delivered over 8 interactive modules which are run by professors of the University of Luxembourg and/or by local practitioners and experts. The content involves not only academic presentations, but also case studies based on real life experience. Each module offers discussion opportunities and sharing of experience with both presenters and other course participants.
"Very dynamic, interactive, interesting and useful training. This course provides an exhaustive overview on director’s role and responsibilities”
- Introduction to Luxembourg Company Law
- Director’s duties and liabilities in Public Companies
- Director’s role and responsibilities in Financial Sector Institutions
- Elements of tax law for Directors
- Elements of accounting for Directors
- Director’s duties in the European Union - recent trends
- Code of Corporate Governance: importance and implementation
- The challenge of being an independent director
Deputy Head of the General Supervision Department