The overall objective of this Masterclass is to help experienced Directors in asset management to develop a mindset which helps them to react to challenging and abnormal situations that they may face from time to time.
During this Masterclass, Directors are faced with challenging crisis situations which test Board cohesion and competence.
The Masterclass is run as a series of case studies reflecting real life examples of crisis situations in a “role play” format.
There will be no perfect solutions offered, but good practices will be identified in debrief discussions.
This Masterclass focuses mainly on alternative asset management, taking the perspectives of Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs) and Management Companies, Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) and their General Partners.
The program in brief
The intensive one and a half day program of the Masterclass includes five case studies focusing on a range of specific challenging situations:
- The first day is an afternoon and evening session with the introduction, the first two case studies, followed by a networking cocktail and dinner
- The second full day focuses on three more case studies
The case studies focus on the following topics:
- Managing market disruption
- Managing difficult related party transactions and conflicts of interest
- Managing major disagreements in investment decisions
- Managing an unusual KYC / AML incident
- Managing an incident of fraud
- Managing IT security, focusing on a Cyber Attack
The Masterclass will be divided into three boards which need to operate as a team and react to external events as they unfold. The three boards will have rotating chairs.
Each group will be assigned an instructor/ observer.
Each session closes with a feedback and discussion session on the performance of the respective groups with any learning points identified.
The Masterclass is targeted at experienced directors in the general funds community (UCITS, ManCos & AIFs). It builds on previous ILA training programs.Prerequisites:
Typicaly participants may have:
- 5 years of experience acting as a Board member
- Director of an AIF, UCITS, ManCo or conducting officer
- Having attended other ILA trainings or equivalent
- Asset class experience
- Applicable professional skills and experience
A limited number of applications of less experienced people will also be taken into consideration.
- Trainers: leading Luxembourg experts (see details in the attached program)
- Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7, rue Alcide de Gasperi, L- (parking available at your own expense)
- Registration fees: 990.00 € for ILA members / 1190.00 € for non-members. The fees are excluding 3% VAT, and cover tuition, handouts, coffee breaks, dinner on the first evening and lunch on the second day
- Language: the course is conducted in English
- This course is providing credits in the context of the CPD Program for ILA Certified Directors (12 hours)
- Registration is available on this page, please click on "registration form" in the upper right corner
- The detailed program is also attached below