Integrity means the respect of a consistent framework of ethical or moral principles based upon a core group of values, beyond formal codes of conduct and regulations. As scandals have decimated share prices and Board credibility, integrity became one of the critical elements of corporate governance that companies are looking to reinforce. As a result, the Board’s approach to integrity has to spread outward from the Boardroom in order to permeate the whole culture of an organization. Indeed, it is more than ever required to be considered nowadays by a Company Secretary.
Main learning objectives
On successful completion of this module, by using case studies, master class and self-reflection, participants will be able to:
- Provide a practical framework for understanding and instilling integrity and ethics in the Boardroom;
- Identify how board members can more proactively recognize gaps and risks;
- Help to prevent potential damages linked to failure on integrity; and,
- Enhance globally the role of integrity in the Boardroom and the whole organization.
- A 360 degree approach to help identifying risks:In choosing board mandates
- In selecting board members
- For the board as a group
- For board members as an individual
- For oversight managers
- For the rest of the organization
- Integrity framework: a practical approach to ethics
- Identifying the red flags of integrity; and,
- What to do about it.
Case study: Conflict on a Trading Floor
Board support personnel, such as current and aspiring Company Secretaries as well as Corporate Officers, including Law Professionals, who support and advise the Board of Directors and Managers, and willing to increase their understanding of corporate governance concepts.
- Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg (parking available at your own expenses)
- Registration fees: 275.00 € for ILA members / 310.00 € for non-members.
The fees are excluding 3% VAT and cover tuition, handouts and coffee break.
- Language: the course is conducted in English
- This course is providing credits in the context of the CPD Program for ILA Certified Directors: 4 hours.
- Registration is available on this webpage, click on "registration form" on the top right corner