ILA is pleased to launch its 1st e-learning module on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) training for Investment Fund Directors and Board members. This module has been developed by Deloitte under the guidance of the ILA AML Fund Steering Committee, composed of AML and Funds experts.
This module is designed to provide the fundamentals all Fund Directors need to know about AML & CTF and to assist them in complying with the legal requirements in Luxembourg. This 2-hour training is the condensed version of the existing classroom course. As such, this e-learning session is not designed for Money Laundering Reporting Officers who should attend the advanced classroom version.
The course is highly interactive and is a combination of theoretical lectures, role-plays and practical exercises. At the end of the module, the course participant will be asked to complete a 15 question test. A score of 70% is required to pass the test. The successful completion of the test will entitle the participant to a certificate of participation and a 2-hour CPD credit for the ILA Certified Directors.
Course highlightsThe main features of the module are the following:
- The steps of Money Laundering
- Overview of Terrorist Financing
- Overview of the legal & regulatory framework in Luxembourg
- Risk in the Investment Fund industry
- AML Professional obligations
- Risk based Approach
- Overview of AML controls for Funds
- Key changes in the 4th AML Directive
This module is dedicated to Directors of Investment Funds in Luxembourg.
It is specifically suitable for non-resident Board Members who need to be provided with a clear and concise understanding of the AML requirements in the Luxembourg Investment Funds industry.
This module is not
designed for Money Laundering Reporting Officers who should preferably attend the advanced classroom version.
The module is available in English and can be accessed via the ILA website www.ila.lu
(Education program/e-learning section).
The registration fee, exclusive of 17% VAT, is:
- 120 € for ILA members
- 180 € for non-members
- Online registration is available on the ILA website www.ila.lu (Education program/e-learning section). ILA members should login with their personal account credentials before registering.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the registrant including the invoice for payment.
- Upon reception of the payment, the participant will receive an email providing the login details in order to access the e-learning module. From the date of this email, the module will be open for a 6-month period.
- The login provided is mandatory for non-members. The ILA members will be able to access the module with the login provided or when logging in with their personal ILA account details.
- During 6 months from the date of the email confirming the payment, the participant can access the module anytime and as often as necessary.
- During this period, the participant may interrupt the module at any time and resume it later to continue where she/he left.
- At the end of the module, the participant will be required to complete a 15 questions test. The time slot allocated to complete the test is 20 minutes (a countdown timer is available on top left of the screen). No pause in the countdown will be allowed at the test stage.
- A score of 70% is requested to pass the test. In case of failure, the opportunity to complete the test again will be provided with a new set of questions.
- The successful completion of the test will entitle the participant to a certificate of participation and a 2-hour CPD credit for the ILA Certified Directors. In order to get provided with the certificate, the participant has to submit a request by clicking on the appropriate button available on the final screen (bottom right of the screen “click here to get your certificate“). The certificate will be delivered to the participant by email, at the email address used to register for the e-learning module.
- The ILA Certified Directors who pass the test, will get their 2 hours CPD credits automatically added to their personal training hours.
The following system configurations are recommended for the optimal use of the ILA AML & CTF for Fund Directors e-learning module:
- PC or laptop environment, we do not recommend to use tablets or smartphones (Apple or Android) even if they allow Flash Player as some functionalities of the module might not work properly
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 18.0 or higher
- Pop-up and Active-X execution enabled in Internet Explorer options