A 2-day interactive programme where participants will be placed in simulated Board meetings for a fictitious operating company in order to identify the impact of human interaction on collective decision making and how to improve the overall Board dynamic.
The Chairman and CEO roles will be played by highly experienced persons exercising these roles in real life, and will give valuable feedback along with the governance expert on the collective dynamic.
Participants will receive a digital Board pack 10 days in advance of the course and, as with any Board meeting in real life, will be expected to prepare for the simulated meetings in their spare time. Participants will not require any technical knowledge to understand the industry in which the fictitious company operates.
- Equip the participant with practical techniques for participating effectively in a Board meeting as well as raising the level of the collective debate of the Board.
- Identify how the working relationship between the Board and the executive management can make or break a Board.
- Identify the skillset needed at Chair level necessary to leverage the collective wisdom of the Board.
- Allow participants to gain experience at Board level in a “safe environment”.
- Identify group interactive dynamics between Board members which lead to suboptimal decision-making.
- Assist participants in identifying how to deal practically and constructively with collective dysfunctionality at the board level.
- Directors who wish to gain practical experience of operating at Board director level in a difficult environment.
- Directors who seek inspiration to improve their own Board’s dynamic and efficiency.
- Language: English
- Length: 2 day course
- Venue: Chamber of Commerce, 7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg (parking available at your own expense)
- Participation fee: 990.00€ (+VAT 3%) for ILA members / 1190.00€ (+VAT 3%) for non-members
- Credited Hours for ILA Certified Directors: 14 hours
- Registration information: online registration, please click on "registration form" in the upper right corner of this page