EFFECTIVE MINUTE TAKING
“An interactive one-day course on how to take minutes accurately and with confidence”
This interactive course provides practical guidance on how to overcome most the problems faced by minute takers and to achieve accurate minute taking. Delegates learn not only how to overcome the usual problems faced by minute takers, but also develop a toolkit of personal skills which will boost their confidence in writing accurate minutes.
Whether you are new to your role and have little experience of minute taking at meetings, or you purely want an opportunity to reassess your minute writing skills, this training course will be beneficial to you. The interactive nature of the program will allow you to address our experts directly and also compare your experiences and challenges with others.
As a follow-up of this course, ILA also proposes a new course on how the Chair and the Company Secretary can work together as a team in order to deliver a successful meeting through the 3 following aspects; careful planning (before the meeting), chairing capability (during the meeting) and critical evaluation (after the meeting).
The main features of the program are:
- What are minutes and why are minutes kept?
- The role of the minute taker
- The problems with minute taking
- The minute taker as contributor
- The agenda
- The skills of effective minute taking
- Listening skills
- The skills of effective minute writing
- The self-confident minute taker
- Points for personal application
Benefit of the program
- A toolkit of skills which will boost your confidence in the writing and presenting of accurate minutes
- An understanding of how meetings work, the problems which can occur and how they can be addressed
- Techniques and tips on effective communication, relationship building and dealing with discord
Anyone charged with, or about to take responsibility for, taking minutes at meetings.
This course is run by Philip Davis
, author of the book “Effective Minute Taking
”. This book provides practical guidelines for overcoming most of the problems faced by minute takers and achieving accuracy in the minute taking process.
A copy of the book will be distributed to the participants.
- Speaker: Philip Davis
- Language: English
- Length: 1 day course
- Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide Gasperi, 2981 Luxembourg (parking available at your own expense)
- Participation fee: 510.00 € (+ VAT 3%) for ILA members / 610.00 € (+ VAT 3%) for non-members - The costs include the book (20€ TVA incl.), handout, lunch and coffee breaks
- Credited Hours for ILA Certified Directors: 7 hours
- Registration on this website