The purpose of this specific training is to provide directors with practical knowledge on financial reporting in order to understand how to read and interpret financial reports as an independent director.A detailed program is attached below.
Benefit of the program
This program will enable participants to:
- Review the key foundations of financial reporting: accounting conventions and principles;
- Understand the key components of financial statements and their information usefulness;
- Become aware of some of the paradoxes of financial reporting;
- Feel comfortable reading the company’s financial report as an independent director;
- Discuss more effectively the performance and the financial position of their company;
- Contribute more prominently to boardroom discussion with regard to the financial reports of the company.
This course is dedicated to non-executive directors who do not have a professional accounting background but who would like to acquire insight on how to read and interpret financial statements. To fully benefit from this introductory class, participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of corporate accounting.
This class is not designed for qualified accountants, chief financial officers, controllers and similar professionals dealing with financial figures on a day-to-day basis.
The objective of this course is to offer participants a hands-on experience rather than a theoretical class. As such, participants will be provided with multiple real-life financial reports for review, analysis and class discussion.
The number of participants is limited to 15 participants to ensure optimum interaction, adequate coaching and discussion.
- Trainer: David Burbi
- Venue: Chamber of Commerce, 7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg (parking available at your own expenses)
- Registration fee: 540.00 € for ILA members and 650.00 € for non-members
- The fees are excluding 3% VAT, and cover tuition, handouts, coffee breaks and lunch
- Language: the course is conducted in English
- This course is providing credits in the context of the CPD Program for ILA Certified Directors (8 hours)
- Registration is available online on this website