IMPROVING PERSONAL IMPACT IN THE BOARDROOM
“THE IMPORTANCE OF INFLUENCING IN AND OUT OF THE BOARDROOM”
Board members are typically at a distance from the day to day running of the company. They are expected to interpret summary condensed information in short time frames. The exchange of views, and the taking of decisions takes place in board meetings of limited duration, thus requiring directors to interact efficiently and incisively.
As regulation of corporate governance increases, the execution of directors’ fiduciary duties is falling under greater scrutiny from shareholders and investors. In particular, audit and remuneration committees are becoming challenging and complex responsibilities, requiring directors to communicate with top class professionals in their respective fields and negotiate with senior management, all of whom strongly defend varied interests.
The main features of the program are:
- Preparation and anticipation of a discussion
- Leveraging the psychology of your counterparty
- Applying emotional intelligence
- Communication toolbox to generate desired reactions
- How to challenge your counterparty effectively and efficiently without causing conflict
Benefit of the program
This training course equips you with a repertoire of powerful negotiation techniques that can be used to influence others inside and out of the boardroom with impact and efficiency. The techniques will bring you executive-level communication skills, necessary for the rigours of the board room.
All the techniques are ‘the best of’ compiled from the experience of senior executives, bankers and lawyers, who negotiate for a living and interact regularly with corporate governance bodies, assuring quality and relevance. The techniques are not specific to one culture or geography and are in play all over the world.
The techniques you will acquire also sharpen your negotiation skills. They are applicable to all walks of negotiation in business, extending professional development beyond your immediate board mandate.
Executive and non-executive directors, professionals who interact with boards and wish to improve their negotiation skills.
- Speaker: Alexis Kyprianou/Concordia
- Language: English
- Length: 1 day course
- Venue: Chamber of Commerce, 7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg (parking available at your own expense)
- Participation fee: 540.00€ (+VAT 3%) for ILA members / 650.00€ (+VAT 3%) for non-members
- Credited Hours for ILA Certified Directors: 7 hours
- Registration information: online registration, please click on "registration form" in the upper right corner of this page
|Speakers - Moderators - Panelists|