Integrity means the respect of a consistent framework of ethical or moral principles based upon a core group of values, beyond formal codes of conduct and regulations. As scandals have decimated share prices and Board credibility, integrity became one of the critical elements of corporate governance that companies are looking to reinforce. As a result, the Board’s approach to integrity has to spread outward from the Boardroom in order to permeate the whole culture of an organization. Indeed, it is more than ever required to be considered nowadays by a Company Secretary.
Main learning objectives
On successful completion of this module, by using case studies, master class and self-reflection, participants will be able to:
- Provide a practical framework for understanding and instilling integrity and ethics in the Boardroom;
- Identify how board members can more proactively recognize gaps and risks;
- Help to prevent potential damages linked to failure on integrity; and,
- Enhance globally the role of integrity in the Boardroom and the whole organization.
- A 360 degree approach to help identifying risks:In choosing board mandates
- In selecting board members
- For the board as a group
- For board members as an individual
- For oversight managers
- For the rest of the organization
- Integrity framework: a practical approach to ethics
- Identifying the red flags of integrity; and,
- What to do about it.
Case study: Conflict on a Trading Floor
Board support personnel, such as current and aspiring Company Secretaries as well as Corporate Officers, including Law Professionals, who support and advise the Board of Directors and Managers, and willing to increase their understanding of corporate governance concepts.
Registration to the course is currently only possible if you wish to follow the complete certification program. You will find the registration form on the following page: Company Secretaries Certification Program
If there are still places available, registrations to all ILA members and contacts will open on 15 December 2017.