The Luxembourg Institute of Directors (ILA) and EY would be delighted if you could join us for the conference:What do Board and Audit Committee members need to know about the New Audit Report?
In 2014 the European Union issued the Directive 2014/56/EU together with the new Regulation n°537/2014 on public interest entity audits, amending the Statutory Audit Directive. In January 2015, after a five-year project, the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) issued a suite of new and revised International Standards on Auditing (ISAs). These new regulations give rise to a deep transformation of the auditor’s report, including a description of the Key Audit Matters (KAMs) in the audit report of companies with securities listed. Similarly the European Regulation introduces the new audit report for Public Interest Entities (PIEs) as well as the specific reporting and interaction with the Audit Committee. In Luxembourg, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) implemented these regulations for 2017 audits, with certain carve-out.
During this event, our panellists will discuss the practical implications of the new audit report and interactions with Audit Committee.
Join our subject-matter professionals as they present:
- Where do these changes come from?
- Presentation of the content of the new audit report
- A closer look at the key audit matters
- Lessons learned from early adopters
- Benefits to stakeholders
- 5.00pm - Welcome and registration
- 5.15pm - Introduction, Olivier Lemaire, Partner, EY Luxembourg & Vincent Decalf Member of the ILA Board of Directors and Independent Director
- 5.20pm - Where do these changes come from?, Frederic Tabak, Head of public oversight of the audit profession, CSSF
- 5.30pm - Presentation of the content of the new audit report, Jean-Michel Pacaud, chairman IRE
- 5.35pm - A closer look at the key audit matters, Jean-Michel Pacaud
- 5.45pm - Lessons learned from early adopters, Les Clifford, Parnter, EY Zurich
- 6.05pm -Benefits to stakeholders, Maurice Lam, Chairman of the Audit Committee of several banks, Independent Director and Frédéric Lang, Chief Accounting Officer, Arcelor
- 6.25pm - Panel discussion, followed by a Q&A session with the audience
- 6.55pm - Closing remarks, Olivier Lemaire
- 7.00pm - Networking cocktail
|Speakers - Moderators - Panelists|