In a globalised economy, the financial sector is increasingly exposed to the risks of tax evasion, tax avoidance and tax fraud. In an effort to prevent and minimize respective tax related risks, the OECD launched over the past 4 years different tax driven initiatives, notably the Common Reporting Standard (hereafter “CRS”) as well as the Base Erosion Profit Shifting (hereafter “BEPS”).
Further to these OECD initiatives, other rules against tax crime have been agreed on at the EU level such as the European Action Plan to fight terrorism financing and the Anti-Tax Avoidance Directives 1 & 2 (“ATADs”) which shall be implemented in domestic legislation by 31 December 2019.
Our experts will share their views on specific Luxembourg legislations such as the 2017 Tax reform. Participants will, at the end of this course, have a high-level and comprehensive understanding of the Luxembourg legislative and regulatory context regarding tax crime.
The main features of the program are:
- Evolution of the regulatory and legal framework from an international and national perspective
- Introduction to Tax crime as a predicate offence of money laundering
- Defining key tax structuring concepts as to identify potential tax risks
- How should professionals ensure to increase their comfort as to their client’s tax compliance
The course shall provide you with an overview of the evolving regulatory and legal framework, in particular with regards to tax crime. The course shall allow you to gain a broad understanding of major elements that may trigger, hence increase risks related to tax crime.
This course is dedicated to Directors in the Financial Services Sector.
- Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg (parking available at your own expenses)
- Registration fees: 215.00 € for ILA members / 275.00 € for non-members.
The fees are excluding 3% VAT and cover tuition, handouts and coffee break.
- Language: the course is conducted in English
- This course is providing credits in the context of the CPD Program for ILA Certified Directors: 2 hours.
- Registration is available on this webpage, click on "registration form" on the top right corner
|Speakers - Moderators - Panelists|