The purpose of this two and a half-day program is to provide experienced executives and directors with the essentials ability to perform their function of director in the most efficient manner.
The program covers the role and responsibilities of directors and the key duties in the major legal and regulatory features specific to the Luxembourg business environment.
The program also offers the opportunity to discuss the role and added value of a director with both peers and experts.
Attendance to this program is mandatory for the candidates wishing to obtain the Certificate for Directors delivered by ILA. Regardless of the ILA certification, this program is also open to experienced executives and directors who want to strengthen their understanding of the different aspects of director duties in the specific context of Luxembourg.
The program is delivered over 8 interactive modules which are run by professors of the University of Luxembourg and/or by local practitioners and experts. The content involves not only academic presentations, but also case studies based on real life experience. Each module offers discussion opportunities and sharing of experience with both presenters and other course participants.
A detailed agenda is attached below. To know more about this program, read the inverview of our moderator, Anthony Smith-Meyer, available here. Please do also have a look at the video from our Januray 2017 session.
- Introduction to Luxembourg Company Law
- Director’s duties and liabilities in Public Companies
- Director’s role and responsibilities in Financial Sector Institutions
- Elements of tax law for Directors
- Elements of accounting for Directors
- Director’s duties in the European Union – recent trends
- Code of Corporate Governance: importance and implementation
- The challenge of being an independent director
Benefit of the program
- An understanding of the statutory framework for the role and responsibilities of directors in the Luxembourg business environment
- An intense and in-depth view of the key duties of directors and their legal responsibilities
- An opportunity to discuss case studies with local experts and peers and a useful networking opportunity
- A qualifying path for future ILA Certified Directors
This program is dedicated to experienced executives and directors who fulfill at least one
of the following conditions:
If you are unsure whether you meet the pre-requisites for this course, please contact the ILA Education Team to discuss (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Have successfully completed the 1st module of the ILA certification program for directors
- Act as an executive, or a non-executive board member of companies having effective economic activities for at least five years
- Have a relevant executive management or board exposure experience within board of directors or committees of the board for at least five years
, other training option may be offered to you.
- Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg
- Language: the course is conducted in English
- Registration: please complete the attached registration form and return it duly signed to email@example.com
- Registration fees (including a dinner with a guest speaker) : 1 675.00€ (+3%VAT) for ILA members / 2 050.00€ (+3%VAT) for non-members
|Speakers - Moderators - Panelists|