If meetings are to be genuinely effective, the role of the chairperson is key. All who are involved in chairing meetings in organizations at whatever level should be proactive in giving the necessary attention to the essential elements of meeting preparation, meeting execution and post-meeting evaluation. Taking ownership of the development of the range of chairing skills will contribute positively to the effectiveness of meetings held and by extension, the quality of the decision-making processes within organizations.
This one-day course looks at the skills chairs and company secretaries need for delivering a successful meeting through the 3 following aspects: careful planning (before the meeting), chairing capability (during the meeting) and critical evaluation (after the meeting). This program is a combination of classroom teaching, interactive exercises and sharing of experience through roundtable discussions.
This course is a follow-up of the ILA “Effective Minute Taking” course which is aimed to help minute takers to learn how to efficiently take minutes and to assess minute writing skills.
A detailed program is attached below
- What are meetings and why are they held?
- What is the role of the chairperson
- The minute taker acting as chairperson
- The skills of effective chairing
- Roundtable discussion
- The self-confident chairperson
- Points for personal application
This course is designed for company secretaries, directors and professionals chairing meetings.
- Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg (parking available at own expense)
- Registration fees: 540.00€ for members/650.00€ for non-members, fees are excluding 3% VAT and cover tuition, handouts, coffee breaks and lunch
- Credits provided in the context of the CPD program for ILA Certified Directors: 7 hours
- Registration is available online on this website