ECODA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR EUROPEAN DIRECTORS
“NEW GOVERNANCE CHALLENGES FOR BOARD MEMBERS IN EUROPE”
ecoDa has developed a European module for directors and supervisory board members seeking to gain European perspective on board functioning and corporate governance. As result of global economic forces, modern boards are becoming increasingly diverse in their composition and business perspectives. For companies operating across Europe, directors and supervisory board member must rapidly gain an understanding of unfamiliar corporate governance systems, regulations, and best practices. They also need an overview of the rapidly changing and often complex EU policy debate on corporate governance.
The main features of the program are the following:
• comparison of European good CG practices
• understanding of the different models included the one tier and two tier system
• cases studies highlighting the different CG models
• simulation of an European board: management of international diversity
• information on topical European CG themes
• information on the European market for directors’ mandates
Benefit of the program
The ecoDa program promotes the Europeanization of the boardroom. It allows participants to benchmark their own board and governance practices with those of similar companies in other European countries. It offers an expert briefing on significant policy issues in European corporate governance (including regulatory developments).
Throughout the module, participants are provided with the information and know-how that will be essential in fulfilling a cross-border board mandate. A valuable benefit of the program is the chance to become part of a unique ecoDa professional network consisting of individuals with a distinctive interest and expertise in pan-European corporate governance and board functioning.
The training program is targeted at directors with a cross-border mandate in their board activities or looking for such a mandate. Anyone seeking to update their knowledge of recent EU policy developments in the field of corporate governance will also benefit from the module.
Practical informationAttendance to this 2-day seminar is mandatory for the ILA Certified Directors
• Course coordinator: ecoDa
• Language: English
• Length: 2-day seminar
• Venue: Brussels (Thon Hotel EU- rue de la loi - Brussels)
• Participation fee: 1.131,00 € (VAT incl) for ILA members
• Credited Hours for ILA Certified Directors: 16 hours
• Registration information: www.ecoda.org (or with the attached registation form to be returned duly filled to ecoDa)Full details & brochure