EFFECTIVE MINUTE TAKING
“AN INTERACTIVE ONE-DAY COURSE ON HOW TO TAKE MINUTES ACCURATELY AND WITH CONFIDENCE”
People frequently find themselves called upon to take minutes, with little guidance on how to produce an accurate record of what took place. Ambiguous agreements, a vague agenda, interruptions and a poor chairperson, are just some of the factors that can make this a daunting task. This course provides practical guidance on how to overcome these and other problems, and take accurate minutes.
The main features of the program are:
• Why are minutes kept?
• The role of the minute taker
• The problems with minute taking
• Understanding the nature of meetings
• The skills of effective minute writing
• Essential communication skills
Benefit of the program
• A toolkit of skills which will boost your confidence in the writing and presenting of accurate minutes
• An understanding of how meetings work, the problems which can occur and how they can be addressed
• Techniques and tips on effective communication, relationship building and dealing with discord
Anyone charged with, or about to take responsibility for, taking minutes at meetings.
This course is run by Philip Davis
, author of the book “Effective Minute Taking
”. This book provides practical guidelines for overcoming most of the problems faced by minute takers and achieving accuracy in the minute taking process.
A copy of the book will be distributed to the participants.
• Speaker: Philip Davis
• Language: English
• Length: 1 day course
• Venue: Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide Gasperi, 2981 Luxembourg (parking available at your own expense)
• Participation fee: 510.00 € (+ VAT 3%) for ILA members / 610.00 € (+ VAT 3%) for non-members The costs include the book (20€ TVA incl.), handout, lunch and coffee breaks
• Credited Hours for ILA Certified Directors: 7 hours
• Registration is available online on this website